Team Management Master Class starts on 3 November 2017. The program includes four modules of two sessions each module. The training sessions are two times per week – Friday from 16:00 to 21:00 and Saturday from 9:00 to 14:00.
Sessions: 3 and 4 November 2017
Facilitators: Ognyana Mircheva, Svetlan Stanoev. See more in Team tab.
Strategic positioning. Organizational culture. Team values. The first module of the master class on Aligning Strategy, Culture and People focuses on all three. Based on world-class multidisciplinary methodologies and tools from leading institutions, participants will learn how to create a team that aligns with company’s strategy, organization, culture, and the environment in which they compete.
At The Business Institute, we focus on frameworks that help our participants think in new ways about the strategic challenges and opportunities they face — how do the successful companies create a strategy that aligns with their organizational competencies and culture? We will examine the different aspects and approaches to team management, while engaging in topics such as strategic positioning, executing strategy, organizational culture, and being a successful leader.
- Use business tools to identify and evaluate a business’s strategy and its position in the competitive landscape.
- Identify and improve alignment between the competitive environment, organizational values and team culture.
- Applying the business tool Team Canvas to facilitate an alignment in the team about goals, aspirations, needs and rules.
- Explore how your organizational and team shortcomings and competencies translate into strategic challenges and opportunities.
- Develop effective frameworks for executing change-management initiatives that aligns strategy, culture and people.
Sessions: 10 and 11 November 2017
Facilitator: Peter Ivanov. See more in Team tab.
This module is based on series of highly interactive and practical business exercises and case study discussions. The underlying approach behind the module is to illustrate and practice the managerial and interpersonal competences in a complex multi-dimensional team management environment.
Through various workshop exercises the participants are led through the manager’s discovery of their strengths, they are equipped with practical guidance to set the vision and goals of their diverse team, guided how to establish communication structures and an optimal team culture – thus laying the foundation for a successful team management. The module is based on the award winning method “The 10 Big Rocks” where the 10 key success factors are designed appropriately to relate to the reality of the manager’s personal team and organization.
- Discover the manager’s strengths and how to leverage on them.
- Set aspirational team vision.
- Define annual team goals.
- Establish robust communication structure and engagement rules.
- Plan the establishment of the winning spirit.
- Set aspirational “prize”.
- Better understand the issues and enablers in a complex multi-dimensional team management environment, raises awareness and suggest approaches how to tackle and leverage them.
Sessions: 17 and 18 November 2017
Facilitator: Ioannis Papаconstantinou. See more in Team tab.
People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. Business leaders should make decisions about their people based on analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, or risk avoidance. This module will explain how data analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration.
By the end of this module, the workshop participants will understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that they can position themselves as strategic partners in their company’s talent management decisions.
People analytics gives managers the opportunity to gather, evaluate and interpret data that help them make informed decisions about their people. The module will cover the use of data and analytics in relation to key issues that define team management and performance.
Adopting an analytics mindset
- Understand the analytics value chain;
- Choose the relevant data and metrics;
- Tell a story with the right data to prove value;
- Take an action on the key finding.
A step-by-step guide to identify and define the metrics
- Build analytical credibility;
- Define the right metrics;
- Move from reporting to forecasting.
A step-by-step guide on “How To Measure Team Effectiveness”
- Collect data and measure effectiveness;
- Identify dynamics of effective teams;
- Help teams determine their own needs;
- Management actions to develop Psychological Safety and effective teams.
Sessions: 24 and 25 November 2017
Facilitator: Hristo Hristozov. Guest-speaker: Elizabeth Huber-Kostadinov. See more in Team tab.
The rules for work are changing – it takes more than good leadership skills to build, maintain and develop great teams. Outstanding business leaders are not just defined by their IQs or even their job skills, but by their Emotional Intelligence (EI) – a set of competencies that distinguishes how people manage feelings, interact, and communicate. Especially in teamwork, emotional intelligence is the crucial social lubricant, providing the capacity to settle disputes well, brainstorm creatively, and work harmoniously.
In a collaborative learning environment, you’ll participate in lively workshop sessions and interactive exercises, self-assessments and case studies designed to help you identify your strengths and capacity as you master the processes and tools required to grow your team to higher levels of performance.
This module guides you through creating the ground rules and structure needed to set your team up for success – growing the team through the different stages of development to maturity. You gain the skills to diagnose issues such as conflicts, groupthink and lack of commitment in your team before they get out of control. The module offers frameworks to adjust team behaviors and get the best performance out of your people.
- Why should teams build their emotional intelligence;
- Becoming intelligent about emotions and working with group emotions;
- Understand challenges in getting team members to learn from one another;
- Identify how working through team emotional intelligence can lead to better outcomes;
- Discover the real value of diversity in teams;
- Levels of group emotional intelligence – a model of team effectiveness;
- Explore the different types of high-performing teams and the primary threats to team effectiveness.